Student Visa

Australian government runs a Overseas Study Program (OSP). Under this program a person who is not Australian citizen or permanent resident can apply to study in Australia.
If you want to apply for this visa you must be accepted in a CRISCOS registered course offered by universities, technical colleges and other educational institutions.

A student visa will give you an opportunity to finish your studies while you are
in Australia and the possibility of applying for permanent residency

Visa Requirements:

To be eligible for a student visa you must satisfy requirements set by the Department
of Immigration and Multicultural affairs. The requirements are:

  • your capacity to cover the cost of airfares to Australia, tuition, accommodation, and other general expenses
  • your capacity to support any accompanying dependent family member for the duration of your stay
  • Your level of English language proficiency. If English is not your first language you may need to undertake the IELTS English test
  • your situation in your home country e.g. personal, financial, employment and other commitments which might prompt you to return home or other circumstances e.g. military service commitments
  • your academic record and history, in the context of the course you intend to study;
  • your immigration history e.g. previous compliance with immigration laws, whether
    you have any outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia, and whether you
    have previously applied for entry into Australia
  • your proposed course of study and whether it is a reasonable choice, given your circumstances; and
    whether your proposed course of study is consistent with, and appropriate to your current level of education.
  • Your ability to satisfy health requirements.
    Any dependent family members included in the visa application are also required to meet the health requirement. You may be directed to undergo a health examination and chest x-ray and forward your results to DIAC, before the processing of your student visa application is completed
  • Your ability to satisfy the character requirement. You must be a person of “good” character to enter Australia and will be required to provide a declaration in the application form; and

    It is your responsibility to have private health insurance throughout your stay
    in Australia. It is compulsory to obtain Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
    before submitting your visa application. Any accompanying dependent family members must also be covered by this insurance.

Visa entitlements

The holder of a student visa can:

  1. 1. Have multiple entries to Australia without any restrictions, while your visa is in effect
  2. 2. You will receive permission to work, once you have started your course and arrived in Australia.
  3. 3. You may include dependents in your student
    visa application, for example your spouse (your de facto) and your children who
    are unmarried and are under the age of 18.
  4. 4. After completing your two year
    study in full time course, you may be eligible to apply for one for permanent
    residency under the skilled migration category

Visa Subclasses:

There are seven subclasses within the Student Visa Category. Each subclass is based
on the education sector of your principal course of study.

Contact Us Today

For more information please contact us on« go back | ˆ go to top

Migration News

  1. Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL)

    The current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) has been released by the
    Department of Immigration & Border Protection.
    If you are planning to migrate under the following visa streams you are
    required to nominate occupation from this list;
    * Independent points based skilled migration who are not nominated by a
    State or Territory Government Agency
    * A Family Sponsored Points Tested Visa
    * [...]

    read more?


  1. Testimonial – Dewa

    I Dewa Ketut Adi Putra
    As a person who born and grown up in a small village in the east of Gianyar – Bali, I never been travelling aboard and my knowledge about Australian education system was very little. However, studying and living overseas was my biggest dream.
    The first time I stepped in to MECA office [...]

    read more?

Useful Links

Useful Details

Our Registrations and Memberships

  • Registered Migrationt agent - Number:0743831
  • Migration Institute of Australia
  • eVisa
  • Qualified Education Agent Counsellors
  • professional International Education Resources