Skilled Migration


Australia is currently experiencing a chronic skills shortage as well as its biggest migrant intake in its short history.

The Minister of Immigration and Citizenship has set 102500 places for skilled migrants who gain entry essentially because of their work or business skills for 2007/08.

The 2007-08 migration program provides up to 152 800 places for migration with 66per cent of places to be filled from within in the skill stream. So if are a skilled professional and/or trades person there has never been a better time to make the “Lucky Country” your home.


To apply for this visa you should be a professional or have a trade skill listed under a skilled occupation list (SOL).

You must be under the age of 45, have a good command of English and have recent work experience in your trade.

This program has various onshore and offshore visa options and eligibility depending on where you are applying from, contact for a thorough assessment and your eligibility

Visa Entitlements

As an Australian permanent resident you can:

  1. 1. Live and work in Australia indefinitely.
  2. 2. Receive public health care
  3. 3. Dependents who are under the age of 18 and unmarried can study in the public schools funded by the Australian government.
  4. 4. A two year waiting period to receive social benefits, like unemployment, sickness etc.
  5. 5. You can work for any employer in any kind of trade with exception to the
    Australian public service or defense sector.
  6. 6. Secondary applicants who pay the secondary application fee are entitled to government sponsored English Language lessons

Skilled Occupations List (SOL)

The Skilled migration program is designed to attract the people who have the skills
in particular occupations which are required in Australia and by the Australian

The current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) is relevant for applicants for:
• independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a
state or territory government agency
• a Family Sponsored Points Tested visa
• Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work stream.
Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL)

The current Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) is relevant for
applicants for:
• points-based skilled migration who are nominated by a state or territory
government agency under a State Migration Plan
• the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS), who must have been nominated by an
Australian employer to fill a position in an occupation that appears in
the CSOL
• the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
• the Training and Research visa (subclass 402)

For more information follow the link :




Click here

Contact Us Today

For more information please contact us on« go back | ˆ go to top

Migration News

  1. Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL)

    The current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) has been released by the
    Department of Immigration & Border Protection.
    If you are planning to migrate under the following visa streams you are
    required to nominate occupation from this list;
    * Independent points based skilled migration who are not nominated by a
    State or Territory Government Agency
    * A Family Sponsored Points Tested Visa
    * [...]

    read more?


  1. Testimonial – Dewa

    I Dewa Ketut Adi Putra
    As a person who born and grown up in a small village in the east of Gianyar – Bali, I never been travelling aboard and my knowledge about Australian education system was very little. However, studying and living overseas was my biggest dream.
    The first time I stepped in to MECA office [...]

    read more?

Useful Links

Useful Details

Our Registrations and Memberships

  • Registered Migrationt agent - Number:0743831
  • Migration Institute of Australia
  • eVisa
  • Qualified Education Agent Counsellors
  • professional International Education Resources