Retirement Visa

This visa is an Investor Retirement Visa.
If you want to spend your retirement life without any hassles and live a good lifestyle with your choice of whether you would like to live on the beach front, in one of the worlds best know cosmopolitan cities, or near the beautiful mountains or perhaps on the land farming and fulfill your dream of a great lifestyle.
You can work part-time and reward yourself with the relaxing lifestyle you want to lead in Australia.

The level of funds required depends on your choice of the state in which you would like to live in.
Australian government provides incentives to people who want to settle in regional areas or low growth areas.

If your application is successful, then you will be granted a 4 year visa. After 4 years you can apply again
for 4 years visa, but you must satisfy the visa requirements set by the Australian government.

To be eligible for this visa:

  1. 1. You must be over 55 years old.
  2. 2. You must have sufficient funds to support yourself in your retirement years.
  3. 3. You must be sponsored by an Australian state or territory government
  4. 4. You must have no dependents (other than your spouse).
  5. 5. You must demonstrate that you have a sufficient assets or financially capable to support yourself and
    your spouse, that you do not have to rely on Australian public health system or social security benefits.
  6. 6. You must undertake a Comprehensive Health cover to cover all the medical costs, which you may incur
    in future.

Entitlements you get under this visa:

  1. 1. You can work for 20 hours paid work.
  2. 2. You can work in any occupation and for any employer. Australian defense or public service is restricted
    to Australian citizens only.
  3. 3. You can buy a property or home in Australia, but your must go through the Foreign Investment Review
    Board (FIRB)
  4. 4. You can choose any Australian state or territory you want to live in.
  5. 5. You are not allowed to get social security benefits or public health system.


Retirement Investment visa holders can buy a property or a home in Australia, but
you have to go through the Foreign Investment Review Board (FIRB).

If you want to buy a property through private sale or auction, rent a property or build your own home,
you can do that. Here is some real estate websites which will give you more information about renting or buying your
own home.

Contact Us Today

For more information please contact us on« go back | ˆ go to top

Migration News

  1. Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL)

    The current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) has been released by the
    Department of Immigration & Border Protection.
    If you are planning to migrate under the following visa streams you are
    required to nominate occupation from this list;
    * Independent points based skilled migration who are not nominated by a
    State or Territory Government Agency
    * A Family Sponsored Points Tested Visa
    * [...]

    read more?


  1. Testimonial – Dewa

    I Dewa Ketut Adi Putra
    As a person who born and grown up in a small village in the east of Gianyar – Bali, I never been travelling aboard and my knowledge about Australian education system was very little. However, studying and living overseas was my biggest dream.
    The first time I stepped in to MECA office [...]

    read more?

Useful Links

Useful Details

Our Registrations and Memberships

  • Registered Migrationt agent - Number:0743831
  • Migration Institute of Australia
  • eVisa
  • Qualified Education Agent Counsellors
  • professional International Education Resources