Graduate Skilled Visa

Graduate skilled visa is to allow eligible students who intend to apply for one of the
permanent residency onshore skilled visas for overseas students to maintain lawful
status in Australia during the time they need to prepare their visa application.

This visa program is only for the students who are in Australia. Students who have
completed their studies, but cannot gain or pass the 120 points to become an eligible
candidate for Australian permanent residency.

The students may apply for onshore skilled – Graduate visa (subclass 485). This visa
enables overseas students:

  1. 1. To finish a post graduate professional year
  2. 2. Gain work experience
  3. 3. Improve their English skills.

To be eligible for this visa students must have completed an Australian degree or
trade qualification as a result of an at least 2 years study and there are no points test for this visa.

To be eligible for Graduate Skilled Visa you must:

  1. 1. You have applied to have your skills assessed for your nominated occupation
  2. 2. Hold an eligible student visa or have held an eligible student visa in past 6 months.
  3. 3. You must be under the 45 years of age.
  4. 4. You must have finished the studies which are worth 50-60 points on the skilled occupation list.
  5. 5. You must have finished the 2 years studies in the last 6 months.
  6. 6. You must demonstrate that you have competent English or vocational English, if you
    nominate a trade qualification or you have evidence that you have booked to sit an English test.
  7. 7. You not have been unlawful non citizen at any time in the 6 months before applying.
  8. 8. You must achieve the pass mark at the date of assessment.
  9. 9. Meet health, character and certain other public interest requirements.
  10. 10. If the application includes a family member under 18, meet the public criteria for children.

For more information and to discuss your case, please contact our migration advisor.

Contact Us Today

For more information please contact us on« go back | ˆ go to top

Migration News

  1. Skilled Occupation Lists (SOL)

    The current Skilled Occupation List (SOL) has been released by the
    Department of Immigration & Border Protection.
    If you are planning to migrate under the following visa streams you are
    required to nominate occupation from this list;
    * Independent points based skilled migration who are not nominated by a
    State or Territory Government Agency
    * A Family Sponsored Points Tested Visa
    * [...]

    read more?


  1. Testimonial – Dewa

    I Dewa Ketut Adi Putra
    As a person who born and grown up in a small village in the east of Gianyar – Bali, I never been travelling aboard and my knowledge about Australian education system was very little. However, studying and living overseas was my biggest dream.
    The first time I stepped in to MECA office [...]

    read more?

Useful Links

Useful Details

Our Registrations and Memberships

  • Registered Migrationt agent - Number:0743831
  • Migration Institute of Australia
  • eVisa
  • Qualified Education Agent Counsellors
  • professional International Education Resources